Breath vs. Breathe - Differences
The word breath is a noun referring to the air going in and out of your mouth and nose.
- you inhale a lot of air - you take a deep breath
- the air coming out of your mouth smells bad - you have bad breath
- you keep air in your lungs when you go underwaterhold your breath - you hold your breath
- you have difficulty breathing - you can gasp for breath
The word breathe is a verb, referring to the action of taking air in and out.
- you're using a lot of air - you can breathe hard or heavily
- you can relax after a period of intense stress or nervousness - you can breathe easily